Today’s homeowners can live safely and conveniently by choosing the right smart devices and appliances.
Search in blog
4 Smart Home Technology Trends For 2021 And Beyond2696 views 0 LikedFor many of us, we would be lost without our WIFI. Not only does it enable us to stay connectedRead more
Do You Want To Live A Sustainable Life? Use Smart Home Technology182 views 0 LikedA smart home can feel like a magical place, where music, lights, heaters, and curtains are all automated with just...Read more
Create A Stylish And Modern Home With Wi-Fi Smart Switches347 views 0 LikedOne thing that many people began to notice about their homes during the pandemic and lockdowns is that they really...Read more
No featured images
Interesting Smart Home Statistics
From home appliances, smart lighting, and entertainment, to our smart home’s security system, heating and cooling controls, and more, the Internet Of Things (IoT) and WIFI connectivity is everywhere. In fact, a growing number of households here in the UK are taking advantage of today’s smart home trends and installing smart devices throughout their homes to make their lives easier and more productive.
What’s The Difference? Smart Home vs Home Automation
The term smart home is used quite often to describe both a smart, or connected, home, and an automated home. So, what’s the difference? A smart home device is anything that makes your home smarter via a cloud connection or software component that lets them function singularly, based on an intelligence algorithm. Home automation is what smart homes can do. This includes the automation of appliances and other controls that you otherwise would have to operate manually.
Smart Home Statistics 2020
· 81% of smart home users said they would be more apt to purchase a home that had connected technology.
· The U.S. is the largest consumer of smart home technology with a market volume of £23.5 billion in 2019. This is followed by China with £12.9 billion and the UK with £4.19 billion.
· Revenue in the Smart Home market is up 15% from 2019.
· 43% of smart home technology users are 18-34 years old.
· The average monthly savings from using smart home products is £98.30, which adds up to an average of £1,179.60 per year.
· 80% of broadband UK households with 10 or more smart home devices have professionally monitored security.
· 66% of broadband households have interactive services attached to their security system.
Top Reasons Brits Use Voice Control
· Entertainment- 57%
· Lighting- 33%
· Controlling Of Security Products- 33%
· Shopping Online- 33%
· Controlling Thermostats- 30%
· Helping With Cooking And Chores - 29%
· Controlling Smart Appliances- 28%
Smart Home Market Predictions
· The smart home market in the UK is expected to grow by 22% in 2021.
· The number of smart home users in the UK will nearly double by 2023.
· Household penetration of smart homes was 33.2% in 2019 and is expected to hit 53.9% by 2023.
· By 2021, more than 152 million cars will connect to the internet compared to 23 million in 2014.
· An approximate 100 million light bulbs will be connected to the internet by 2021.
Contact Wifi Smart Home
To learn more about the benefits of a smart home, contact Wifi Smart Home and shop the industry’s largest selection of smart home accessories today.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.